Friday, October 18, 2013

In my spare time...


I need 2 additional end chairs for my dining room table but didn't want to fork out $200 a chair. 
My friend had 2 ladder back chairs in her garage and was wonderful enough to let me have them. (Thanks Selene!) 

I have been wanting to experiment with chalk paint and thanks to my good friend Sarah Hartman with Dirt Road Decor, who passed along her chalk paint formula, I was able to turn these outdated chairs into bright, fun pieces.

My first project (completely experimental) was this:
$5 end table. Ugly, but has potential, right?

This was the perfect practice piece. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. 

Chalk paint is fun to work with and covers pretty much any surface. I have many more things I'm anxious to paint but just haven't found the time. 

But I did pick up some fun upholstery fabric for $10/yard, and this is my next inspiration.....
Stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment