Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mt. Whitney

Eric and his friend Blaine conquered Mt Whitney on November 2nd.
24 miles, 14.5 grueling hours. They did this why? They did this in celebration of their 45th birthdays, which just happen to be on the same day (Oct 6th)

Blaine flew in to Sacramento on November 1st and they drove 6 hrs. south to Lone Pine, arriving in time to pick up their permit. They slept for a few hours and then arrived at the portal at 4:30 to start the trek.

I probably would have thrown in the towel once I saw this :) ha!
The bad ass 45 year olds :) pretty sure Blaine's wife Karen would concur with me! 

They encountered a little snow

Approximately 11 miles in.

On top of the lower 48 states. Elevation 14,496 ft. 

This picture totally freaks me out! There is no way I would be able to stand on that rock.


The warming hut

After hike reward :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment