Friday, August 2, 2013

Feel Good Friday

I must admit my Friday didn't start out feeling so good. I had a massive headache and after my morning cup of coffee didn't cure it, I popped some Advil. No relief. 

By lunch I was fed up with the headache and feeling - BLAH and un-energized. I turned my Keurig on to brew another cup of coffee but when I did my eye caught this lovely bowl of fruit with Asian Pears in it. A friend of mine picked them off her tree and brought to Lake Day to share with everyone. I had never eaten an Asian Pear before. I know, I know, I'm so sheltered. But they are quite good. 


I decided to blast a smoothie in the Nutribullet instead of a second cup of coffee. Patting myself on the back for my good choice :) 

It might be the best smoothie to date, either that or I was just ready for something entirely different to what I have been drinking. So I wanted to share this recipe with you because I enjoyed it so much. Oh, and my headache..... GONE. Energy, RISING. Overall attitude, IMPROVED!


Asian Pear Smoothie:

1/2 apple, seeds out but skin on
1/4 mango
3 Asian pears ( note the Asian pear is small) (replace w/ any other type), cored, skins on
1/4 c. Greek vanilla yogurt
1/4 c. Apple juice
1/3 c. Almond milk
1 T. Ground flax
1 T. Salted cashews, but raw would be better
Ice
BLEND


CHEERS! 


No comments:

Post a Comment