Saturday, August 3, 2013

Good Ol' Ben Franklin

I stumbled upon a killer tent sale at Ben Franklin Craft store today. For crafty, artsy-fartsy types, this is the kind of sale that get your heart racing and you can barely contain yourself trying to decide where to start.

I found some pre-cut vinyl lettering and decided to grab a few and experiment. I also found some very shabby chic blue spray paint and had just the project in mind. 

This mirror:

Yard sale find a few weeks ago for $3

Everything with a blue sticker was HALF OFF. So I paid a total of .56 cents for this vinyl.

I removed the mirror and sprayed this. It was dry in less than 5 minutes.

I cut the vinyl thinking I was going to put the saying on 2 lines, but then decided to keep it on one line. 

I did hand sand the frame a little to give it a more rustic look. All my furniture is rustic and I didn't want it to stand out :)

Almost instant gratification. This project was complete under 30 minutes and cleanup was simple. 

I think this is a nice addition to a bare spot on my wall in the dining room. Don't you?

I also grabbed these:

They are mini plastic "paint buckets."  I couldn't resist - they were $1

I have a friend who's having a birthday next week and I figured they might come in handy.

So I painted the lid and added one of the vinyls.

How adorable is this? I might put some cookies in it or figure out a way to aesthetically put the bracelets I made her in it. Maybe some tissue paper....

Either way, I think she'll enjoy this gift. I haven't made jewelry since December so it was really fun to get all my supplies out and design. 

I also made myself this really awesome bracelet.....

I picked up a pack of cross charms at the gem show back in Tucson in February and hadn't even opened them. I am thrilled with how it fits on my wrist and how flashy it is. Sometimes a girl just needs to bling it up!












1 comment: