Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lizards and Lavender

Many new things surround me. One thing this Montana girl is getting use to is the lizards. They are small and harmless, but still scurry around and rustle the bushes, which gives my heart a slight jump start - but I'm warming up to them. I like watching them from my kitchen window as they climb the tree to sun themselves. Prior to our arrival, Eric befriended 2 little lizards that made their home under our back steps. He named them Leo and Chleo ( I think it's safe to say he was bordering on boredom and loneliness) and these scaly little guys were there for him! HA! 

The boys are still getting use to them too. They like chasing them into the bushes and watching them perform their "push-ups" on the patio. 

Look mom, a lizard!


The other new thing in my world is essential oils - doTerra Essential Oils. Or as Kaleb calls them, "central oils." I became a consultant - which means I can sell these oils. The opportunity happened spontaneously and by accident when my cousin Barb heard I had sick kids a few days prior to leaving Montana. She told me briefly over the phone about these oils and offered to come over and explain them more. 

So its safe to say I'm a virgin essential oil user. I decided to buy what's called the Family Physicians Kit and give them a try. My kit was at my front door in California welcoming me. After having used them for about 3 weeks, I am a believer these oils work. They help ailments, add flare to food, offer a natural alternative and just simply make a person feel good. I'm not sure how I functioned without them this long. They are amazing! 

Lavender - a multi-functional oil

How you ask? What do I do with them?
Let me tell you.....

* I clean my counters with a mixture of water and drops of Citrus Bliss. The smell is sensational.
  (No harsh chemicals!)

* Drops of Deep Blue to coconut oil (what's known as a carrier oil) to massage Eric's sore lower back   
  (from moving heavy boxes) 

* On Guard might be the best blend of oils I have and they have made it into a foaming hand soap. It's 
   an antibacterial blend of oils, so I have put it in a spray bottle with water and sprayed door handles, 
   toys, etc... I'll use this any day over bleach!

* Lemon. Ahhh, Lemon. A drop or 2 into a glass of water or into a recipe. On my list to try - lemon 
  bars!

* Lavender, lovely lavender. My 'essential,' essential oil. Someone told me lavender is a natural repellent for creepy crawlies such as spiders and scorpions. So naturally you can imagine I was spraying Lavender diluted in water like a mad woman all over door frames and window sills. It was a great task for the boys - kept them entertained for a couple hours. :) 
  Another fantastic use for Lavender is for relaxation. I've been sneaking a drop under Kaleb's 
pillow at bedtime. (And Jax, and mine, and Eric's) Kaleb isn't an easy child to get to sleep but I have noticed a difference since using the lavender. Win!

* Oregano. I won't say Oregano essential oils was solely responsible for the best spaghetti sauce I've ever made. I have to give a little credit to the nutribullet - my newest kitchen gadget. (More on this in another post) By making a spinach, garlic and red pepper purée in the bullet then adding a few drops  of Oregano and mixing in to a tomato sauce, dinner that night was a HIT!

* Peppermint, Lemon, Lavender. If you suffer from allergies like hayfever, then this concoction is the ticket. California has introduced my body to all kinds of new pollens and I have been having some pretty moderate allergies. I tried the cocktail and within 15 minutes my allergies subsided! I would not lie to you!!
And this is just the beginning.... I would encourage anyone who has never tried essential oils to give them a whirl. They will amaze you. And if you're so inclined to buy them through me - cool!  If you want to read more about doTerra Essential oils, pop on over there!

These Essential Oils live right in my spice cabinet for easy access!





No comments:

Post a Comment