Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Moving right along

This blog is two-fold. Blogging, for me, is an electronic journal. I love writing, documenting and being able to look back on our life spelled out in words - with pictures no less! No better way to document your life, in my humble opinion, than writing a blog. Secondly, now that we are Schuller's in California, we have left everyone behind. I'm pretty sure family and friends are curious what our new life looks like. I will attempt to give you the birds-eye view of our new adventures. Let me start by giving you the run down on the process of getting here. Looking back, it was a complete cyclone of craziness. 

After being apart from Eric for 53 days, May 23rd was suppose to be a joyous and happy day. It was - but with a slight damper. Jaxon came down with the stomach flu on May 18, Kaleb on May 22, and of course, I started feeling not so well on May 23rd. It didn't keep us from driving to the airport in Bozeman to pick him up! That week was hectic enough without having the added 'bonus' of being sick. We moved out of our Dillon house on May 21st and stayed with my grandparents the remainder of the week. Kaleb had anticipated his preschool graduation on May 22nd for weeks, and when he woke up and told me his tummy hurt, I was deeply saddened and knew he would miss his special day. So we tried not to drive my grandparents bonkers by being holed up in the house with a sick boy. Thursday finally arrived and as I woke that morning wasn't sure if I was paranoid that I was getting sick, or actually sick. Turns out I was indeed coming down with the flu. BLAH! We drove to Bozeman to pick Eric up. He had flown in from Texas to Sacramento the night before from a work trip, managed to get a few hours of sleep, and return to the airport at 5am for his flight up to Montana. We were so ready to reunite! The boys could hardly contain their excitement as we neared the airport. We waiting impatiently for his plane to land, and when it finally did it felt like an hour before he walked out. Tears were flowing and boys were jumping. Lots of hugs and kisses were had. 

 We proceeded to pick up our Budget moving truck that afternoon and head back to start the ominous task of loading a moving truck. Thankfully we had great helpers, because let me tell you, we would NOT have made it to California on Sunday, May 26th, if we hadn't had help. What a task it was. I missed the morning loading fun because my flu bug took a turn for the worse but headed over in the afternoon. To greet me were my dad, stepmom, father in-law and best friend Joy. There they were, loading up my junk and helping me out. It was completely touching. Thank you all SO MUCH!!! 

 Loaded and exhausted by Friday night - we got some sleep and tried to be refreshed for the 2 day trek to California. We made it to Elko, NV without incident. We even got some sleep that night. Saturday morning we were on the road by 8:30. Kaleb wouldn't eat breakfast and complained of a tummy ache. I thought this had passed. Turns out, he relapsed and had the bug again. Did not make for a fun second leg. We had to stop more than we anticipated to use the bathroom. He felt miserable! After about 850 miles behind us, we turned onto Pleasant Valley Rd. We were 4 miles from our house. I stopped in at the little market along the way, left the boys in the truck and grabbed a gallon of milk. When I returned 2 minutes later I noticed Kaleb wasn't looking so great. I drove the last 2 miles quickly. With about 1/4 mile to go, I got the unpleasant surprise of Kaleb throwing up in the truck. He couldn't have waited 1 more minute and we would have been at our house. I spent the first hour at our new home cleaning him and the truck up! I'm positive I will look back on this blog post and shake my head in disbelief of the crazy week and trip down and wonder how we managed it. But we made it here and that's all behind us now! 

Waiting for daddy

FINALLY!

Inspecting the moving truck 

Loading up

The boys locked and loaded

Our new house (it was cool and rainy when we arrived) 

Let the unloading begin


No comments:

Post a Comment