Thursday, June 13, 2013

Montana Memories

Photo 1. Tickling the little people from behind brought out the smiles. 

We had our family photos taken in March right before Eric headed down to start his new job. I thought it would be a good way to reminisce of our home, our mountains, our Montana. 

We used a new photographer, as our friend Christina Engle with patchworkphotography.com, moved to Phoenix. I found a budding photographer out of Ennis, MT, Shanna Swanson, shannamaephotography.com

I called a friend in Sheridan to ask permission to use a structure on their property, called Silver Springs, as our backdrop. I love old and rustic wood, the history, the texture, the earthiness. She was all for it. Shanna was willing to meet us in Sheridan. 

The day was blustery and cool, the wind was not cooperating, and neither was one of my children. Jaxon just wasn't having any of this picture taking thing. He wouldn't smile, barely looked at the camera and was just expressionless. Shanna did a great job working with our family and despite having an uncooperative little guy, she managed to capture our family in our best light. I would highly recommend her!

Look through the purchased photos. I have copyrights to them. If you are a family member and would like to order any pictures - shoot me an email or text and let me know. I've numbered them in the caption so you can order accordingly. I will send you a digital copy and you can do your own printing.

ENJOY!

Photo 2. Just for fun. This was Shanna's idea. I wasn't entirely sold on the idea but LOVED how it turned out. Notice the storm that rolled in behind us ~ then look at the next picture to see the difference. 


Photo 3. This isn't the greatest of our family, but we sure love the backdrop.
I think my eyes are even partly closed. darn!

Photo 4. Kaleb Thomas. What a handsome little mini-Eric.

Photo 5. You take what you can get. I actually really like this picture because Jaxon is in his own little happy world.

Photo 6. The boys. Love, Love, Love Jaxon's expression!

Photo 7. My personal favorite. What I love is that we aren't posing. We're just walking together as a family.


Photo 8. Driving back into town I spotted this amazing building and thought it would make a cool background. One would think we coordinated our colors to match this building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment